Garrett Poe, Executive VP Technology, Blueshift Materials
Garrett Poe, Executive VP Technology at thermal management technology supplier Blueshift Materials, will be speaking at the Thermal Management Expo 2022 Conference. Garret will be sharing his expertise on a panel about thermal management for high performance applications, and here he gives us some exclusive insight in to the topic.
Bret Trimmer, Applications Engineering Manager, NeoGraf Solutions
As Applications Engineering Manager at NeoGraf Solutions, Bret Trimmer is an expert in thermal management system innovations. In anticipation of the Conference at Thermal Management Expo 2022, where Bret will be speaking, we caught up with him to get some early insights into the topic.
Ben Alexander, Lead Engineer, ThermAvant Technologies
As we lead up to the much anticipated launch of Thermal Management Expo, we caught up with ThermAvant Technologies’ Lead Thermal Engineer who will be speaking at the conference, Ben Alexander.
POWERING THE NEXT GENERATION OF VEHICLES
As the global initiatives strive to cut down emissions, electric vehicles (EV) will soon become the dominant transportation on our roads. The key technology in EVs is of course the battery, with the electric vehicle battery market projected to be in excess of $150 billion USD by 2028.
With this rising demand for batteries (namely lithium-ion) as well as for increasing their capabilities such as improved energy density, one of the key challenges which needs to be addressed is thermal management.
Effective thermal management not only improves the performance of the battery and system, but also ensures that the technology is operating safely without the risk of thermal propagation.
New developments in thermal management of batteries are a hot topic in the industry, with manufacturers exploring a number of new techniques and technologies.
WEIGHING UP THE BENEFITS OF PASSIVE VS ACTIVE COOLING
In the advent of advancing technologies through miniaturization and electrification, thermal management serves as the core for effective system performance in a number of energy generating applications; automotive, electronics, aerospace, energy storage and more.
Requirements for these technologies are increasing, with customers seeking for lighter, cost-effective, tailored systems for their application.
Thermal management can be split in to two types: active and passive. With a number of thermal management solutions available on the market, weighing the benefits of the two for each unique application is crucial to ensuring optimal system performance.
ARE YOUR MATERIALS MISSING THE MARK? SELECTING THE OPTIMAL THERMAL RESISTANCE SOLUTION TO MEET YOUR APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Thursday May 5, 2022 // 12PM ET
Demands for thermal management solutions are increasing alongside trends such as electrification, demands for increased energy density, and higher performance applications. High performance plastics and advanced ceramic materials both provide excellent properties to cater to this requirement, providing a thermal management solution for existing and emerging technologies. This webinar will provide critical insight in to how these materials can effectively and efficiently solve thermal issues to improve overall performance.
· Evaluating application specifications and determining the material best suited for the task
· The trade-off of a material’s mechanical property to achieve its thermal characteristics
· Weighing the cost of a potential material against its life expectancy and suitability to the application
· Moderator: Brandon Brown, Vice President Of Engineering, C-Therm Technologies Ltd.
· Steve Chernack, Global Technical Manager, Thermal Ceramics
· Shahab Zekriardehani, Ph.D., Technology Manager, Polymers & Nanocomposites, Eaton
· Will Goertzen, Ph.D., Center Engineering Manager, Schlumberger
MARKET FORECASTS FOR THERMAL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGIES IN THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY
Tuesday April 5, 2022 // 12PM ET
The electrification of the transportation market is leading the demand for innovations in thermal management. From battery cooling to power electronics, thermal challenge solutions are critical to increasing performance, safety and power. Given the predicted expansion of the market, understanding how and which thermal management technologies will play an integral role in this development will be key to facilitating and maintaining successful growth for key stakeholders across the supply chain.
· How is the transportation market predicted to grow over the next five to 10 years?
· How will this drive demand for thermal technologies?
· Which technologies will be critical to providing solutions for thermal challenges and subsequently to supporting this growth?
· Moderator: James Edmondson, Senior Technology Analyst, IDTechEx
· Kaveh Azar, President, Advanced Thermal Solutions, inc.
· Alexis Dagenais Everell, Thermal Management Engineer, Lion Electric